Currently, the families of all adopted children and children under Special Guardianship Orders can apply to their Local Authorities for funding for therapeutic support from the Adoption Support Fund (eligibility criteria applies, England and Wales only). Adoption Support Fund services are available at our clinics in Lincoln, Leicester and Loughborough. At these locations, we have Psychologists undertaking this work who have special expertise in the assessment and treatment of the complex psychological difficulties including developmental trauma and attachment difficulties.
Our services include:
- Complex Psychological Assessments to establish the nature of emotional, social, cognitive, and behavioural difficulties, and to identify therapeutic needs.
- Psychological Therapy, including the following approaches:
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP)
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive/ Neuropsychological Assessments.
- Consultancy and Training to professionals.
Our fees are confirmed on a case by case basis to ensure that we provide the right level of assessment and intervention for any particular child.
Please note that all adopted children (and children under Special Guardianship Orders) must be referred to us via Local Authorities or Adoption Agencies in order that they assume responsibility for quality assurance as OFSTED registered organisations.
Please contact us at Purple House for further information regarding these services.