We work extremely hard to provide high quality psychology services and to uphold high standards of clinical and information governance. We of course hope that everyone is happy with the services we provide, however, if you are unhappy with any aspect of our service, we have a formal complaints procedure (below). We are very keen to work with you to help resolve any concerns you have. Our complaints procedure is detailed below.
- In the first instance, please consider whether your complaint can first be addressed informally by speaking with the relevant worker at Purple House.
- If the complaint is not resolved informally, or if you otherwise wish to make a formal complaint, please do so in writing to the Clinical Director of the clinic*. Please include in your complaint the components of your complaint and your expectation of resolution.
- The Clinical Director will acknowledge receipt of the complaint in writing within 3 working days. If appropriate to the situation, the Clinical Director will offer an opportunity to discuss the matter with you either by telephone or in person.
- The Clinical Director will take responsibility for investigating and responding to the complaint. Investigation may include; meeting with you to discuss the complaint and/or outcomes, reading the Client’s health record, requesting statements from workers, interviewing workers, checking other records including email conversations or records of phone calls, requesting independent expert opinion, discussing with workers.
- The Clinical Director will aim to respond to the complainant with an outcome within 30 working days. However, each complaint will have individual circumstances which may affect the time required to provide a full response. The Clinical Director will ensure that an expected time frame of completion is communicated to the complainant.
- The Clinical Director will analyse/evaluate all the evidence collected. The Clinical Director may see fit to compare the evidence about the care or service complained about with nationally recognised standards for care.
- The Clinical Director will provide a written response to the complaint, detailing the outcome of the investigation. The letter will aim to directly address all aspects of your complaint. It will aim to outline the investigation and the conclusions drawn, provide an explanation of the events complained about, give an acknowledgment of dissatisfaction, give an apology (if appropriate) and detail the action/s taken to improve future care of clients (if appropriate).
*Purple House is a network of individually owned clinics, so you will need to identify the Clinical Director of the clinic who has provided services to you. You can do this by visiting our website https://www.purplehouseclinic.co.uk/ and clicking on the relevant location page.